Friday, September 30, 2011

Tracy Byrd



Tracy Byrd - The Truth About Men
RCA BG2 67073 (2003) - US CD


1 - Drinkin’ Bone
2 - You Feel Good
3 - How’d I Wind Up In Jamaica
4 - Tiny Town
5 - The Truth About Men - with Andy Griggs, Blake Shelton and Montgomery Gentry
6 - Making Memories Of Us*
7 - That’s What Keeps Her Getting By
8 - When You Go
9 - Baby Put Your Clothes On
10 - Somewhere I Wanna Go

bonus track

11 - Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo - live version

Notes: 1) CD album does not come with track-by-track musician credits. 2) According to an article on www.noteable.net, Lee was the bass player on the only track recorded in Los Angeles, Rodney Crowell’s “Making Memories Of Us”. This was the first session of the project and when the rest of the recording resumed in Nashville, producer Billy Joe Walker, Jr. and Tracy Byrd brought Lee in for additional sessions. You can read the article - which comes with Tracy Byrd’s appreciation of Lee’s style and session work on the album - here. 3) No engineer is credited for additional recording on track 11. 4) Recording credits for track 11 are somehow mixed-up, still it makes sense to infer that track was recorded live at Far West Rodeo, El Paso, TX and that the engineering done at Our Place Studio, Nashville, TN was only for additional recording and mixing. 5) Since credits for track 11 are separated from the rest in the original CD album notes, they have been kept as such in the following.

Tracy Byrd - Vocals
Leland Sklar - Bass (6, ?)*
Glenn Worf - Bass
John Moore - Bass (11), Background Vocal (11)
Paul Leim - Drums, Percussion
John “J.R.” Robinson - Drums (as “J.R.” John Robinson)
Billy Carpenter - Drums (11)
John Goux - Acoustic Guitar
B. James Lowry - Acoustic Guitar
Billy Joe Walker, Jr. - Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Guitar
Britt Godwin - Acoustic Guitar (11)
Troy Lancaster - Electric Guitar
Brent Mason - Electric Guitar
Reggie Young - Electric Guitar
Michael Thompson - Electric Guitar
Carey Stone - Electric Guitar (11)
Dan Dugmore - Steel Guitar, Dobro
Paul Franklin - Steel Guitar
J.D. Maness - Steel Guitar (as Jaydee Maness)
Mark Matoska - Steel Guitar (11)
John Jarvis - B-3 Organ, Synthesizer, Piano
Jim Cox - Piano
John Hobbs - Piano
Randy Dennis - Piano (11)
Stuart Duncan - Fiddle
Aubrey Haynie - Fiddle, Mandolin
Gabe Witcher - Fiddle
John Lee Carpenter - Fiddle (11)
Stacy Clark - Trumpet (also on track 11)
Larry Shelton - Trumpet (also on track 11)
Eric Darken - Percussion
Andy Griggs - Additional Vocal
Troy Gentry & Eddie Montgomery (as Montgomery Gentry) - Additional Vocals
Blake Shelton - Additional Vocal
Lisa Cochran - Background Vocals
Wes Hightower - Background Vocals (also on track 11)
Liana Manis - Background Vocals
John Wesley Riles - Background Vocals
Neil Thrasher - Background Vocals (also on track 11)

Produced by Billy Joe Walker, Jr. and Tracy Byrd

Steve Tillisch - Recording Engineer (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10), Additional Recording Engineer (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Ed Thacker - Recording Engineer (6)
Bob Bullock - Recording Engineer (11), Mixing Engineer (11)
Jason Lefan - Assistant Recording Engineer (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Sam Storey - Assistant Recording Engineer (6)
Ed Seay - Mixing Engineer (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Sean Neff - Assistant Mixing Engineer (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10), Assistant (11)

Recording Studios:
Emerald Sound Studios, Nashville, TN (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Conway Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (6)
Far West Rodeo, El Paso, TX (live recording of track 11)
Our Place Studio, Nashville, TN (additional recording on tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Mixing Studio:
Our Place Studio (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Benny Quinn - Mastering Engineer

Mastering Studio:
Masterfonics, Nashville, TN

Ginny Johnson-Walker - Production Coordination for Marathon Productions

Management: Carter & Co. Artist Management / P.O. Box 1281195 // Nashville, TN 37212
Booking: William Morris Agency

Wade Hunt - Art Direction
Missy Herrington - Design
Russ Harrington - Photography
Courtney Bentz - Grooming
Jennifer Kemp - Stylist

“Thanks: // I love making my music. I feel fortunate to make a living doing something that I enjoy so much. There are many people other than myself that make this possible and allow it to happen. It is a foundation of sorts. It all starts with a strong family. I have that in my wife Michelle and our three children Evee, Logan and Jared. They allow me to do what I do, they understand why I’m never home on weekends and the summertime, and they are the reason I go on the road and the reason my heart aches when I am gone. I thank them for their forgiveness, love and devotion. // A great record label is something I do not take for granted and RCA records is a great home. Joe Galante gave me the chance to make this record, he and Butch Waugh have always made me feel welcome and confident in what I am doing… Thanks!! Renée and Carole Ann are the best song-girls in the business. Mike Wilson, Keith Gale and staff take those great songs and make them hits (Thanks again for the #1)!! My thanks also to Jon Elliot, Jim Saliby and everyone else at RCA -- y’ all are the best! // The recording process is a lot of fun, but it is also hard work and I could not do it by myself. There are many hours that go into this album project you are holding. My friend and producer, Billy Joe Walker Jr., puts in those hours with Steve Tillisch at his side. Thanks Billy, I never had as much fun making a record! Thanks to Ginny, Steve, Ed and all the songwriters, pickers, and singers that lent me their talents. I would like to thank four singers in particular, my buddies Andy Griggs, Blake Shelton, Troy Gentry and Eddie Montgomery who are the epitome of “The Truth About Men.” // Now that this record is made I have to get on the road to promote it. Greg Oswald and The William Morris Agency find us places to play year after year. You better have a good band when you’re traveling all year. I have my family, “The Only Way to Fly” band, which are Marc, Bubba, Britt, Johnny, Billy, Randy, Cary, Earp, Sarge, Chris, Jimmy, and Tim who make it happen night after night. Thanks, guys! // We need a bus to ride around the country on and we’ve got a beauty thanks to Diamond Coach, Greg and Kylie Earvin. We stay in the black thanks to Debra McCloud and Carol & Olivia, thanks!! // The main reason we go on the road is to see the “Byrdwatchers,” my fans, who have become my friends through the years. You make me and the band feel appreciated. Sharon Eaves deserves the credit for keeping the fan club thriving, thanks to her and her staff. // Thanks to my personal management, Carter and Co., Joe, Mike & Kerri and to Starkeeper, Melissa Miggo!! // Country radio gave me a #1 record in 2002... Thanks for 10+ years of support! // There are many more people to thank like, Lisa at Justin Boots, Edie at Wrangler, Randy at Ranger Boats, Toxey Haas and my buddies at Mossy Oak, Glenn at Ol’ Man Treestands, David Vincent at Takamine, Antone Horton, Shure Microphones, Walter Umphrey, Joe Penland, Tom Flanagan, Bill McNinch and Community Bank, Philpott Motors, Raymond Taylor, Ernie Ball, Ray Benson, Harry Shaw & the AVA’s, Kris Kristofferson, Paul Steinman at Guitar, Banjo Studio, Glen, Diane, & Billy at “The Branding Iron,” Sandy Kelley of Titleist, Yamaha, Starkey Lab, Ultimate Support Systems, and Carvin for everything! // I also want to send a warm thank you to Angela Baker and her husband Ray with Perfect Day. I am proud of what we do for my charity of choice, Children’s Miracle Network, and I would like to thank them and Brenda Drago for their support and the wonderful work they do. // I sincerely hope you enjoy this album as much as I did making it because the ultimate reward for what I do is your satisfaction and happiness when you listen. // Thanks be to God, // T-Byrd (artist formerly known as Tracy Byrd)”.

“Fan Club: Tracy Byrd Int’l Fan Club / P.O. Box 120795 / Nashville,
TN 37203”.

“Fill out our online survey @ www.rigsurvey.com code: 67073”.

www.tracybyrd.com

Songwriters:
Bill Anderson
Casey Beathard
Buddy Cannon
Marla Cannon-Goodman
Rodney Crowell
Bob DiPiero
Michael P. Heeney
Bobby Huff
Tim Johnson
Rory Lee
Tony Martin
Shane Minor
Mark Nesler
Paul Overstreet
Kerry Kurt Phillips
Tom Shapiro
Keith Stegall
Danny Wells



source/pic: my records

No comments:

Post a Comment