Saturday, July 30, 2011

Steve Poltz



Steve Poltz - One Left Shoe
Mercury 314 536 941-2 (1998) - US CD


1 - Look To The East
2 - Good Morning (Waking Up With You)
3 - Krikor’s Waltz
4 - Silver Lining
5 - Forbidden Fruit
6 - Salvation Song
7 - Impala
8 - One Left Shoe
9 - I Thought I Saw You Last Night
10 - Everything About You
11 - Leavin’ Again
12 - The Great Mystery
13 - Broken Hearts And Painted Nails
14 - Kicking Distance
15 - Beautiful Day

Notes: 1) CD album does not come with track-by-track musician credits. 2) With the exception of strings and horns all the other musicians are credited with no indication of respective instrument. The following attributions are based on previously recorded works, and therefore generic and possibly inaccurate. 3) Bass is not played on tracks 1, 3, 8, 11.

Musicians:
Steve Poltz - Vocals, Guitar
Leland Sklar - Bass
Jerry Scheff - Bass
Bob Glaub - Bass
Jim Keltner - Drums
Denny Fongheiser - Drums
David Kemper - Drums
J. Steven Soles - Guitar
Dean Parks - Guitar
Gregory Page - Guitar
Benmont Tench - Keyboards
Van Dyke Parks - Keyboards
John Wittenberg - Strings
Joy Lyle - Strings
Xiao N He - Strings
Joel Derouin - Strings
Steve Richards - Strings
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Dennis Brockenborough, Tim Burton, Kevin Lenear) - Horns
Jewel (as Jewel Kilcher) - Vocals, Guitar

Produced by J. Steven Soles
Jenny Price - Executive Producer

Jimmie Haskell - String Arrangements, Horn Arrangements
Steve Poltz - Arrangement (15)
J. Steven Soles - Arrangement (15)
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Horn Section - Arrangement (15)

Larry Hirsch - Recording Engineer, Mixing Engineer
John Sorensen - Second Engineer

Recording Studio:
Ocean Way Recording, Hollywood, CA

Mixing Studio:
Ocean Way Recording, Hollywood, CA

Doug Sax - Mastering Engineer

Mastering Studio:
The Mastering Lab

Jenny Price - A&R
Management: Steve Poltz business // c/o Robert Duffey Artists Management // 9691 Campus Drive // Anaheim, CA 92804 // Phone: (714) 778-3864 // FAX: (714) 778-0633
Booking: Rick Roskins at Creative Artists Agency

Gary Burden (for R. Twerk & Company) - Art Direction, Design
Jenice Heo (for R. Twerk & Company) - Art Direction, Design
Henry Diltz - Photography

“Contact Steve Poltz at Poltz@aol.com”.

“Contact J. Steven Soles at s88songs@aol.com”.

“Hi, thanks for buying this album. I hope you receive large amounts of pleasure when you press play on the thingamajig that makes the sound come out of the speakers. I had a great time playing and singing under the loving and watchful eyes of my producer Mr. Steven Soles. I would also like to thank my wonderful engineer Mr. Larry Hirsch. Larry was admirably assisted by 2nd engineer John Sorensen. I would also like to send HUGE BUSHELS of love and thanks to the ever lovely Jenny Price (my A&R) for without her this album wouldn’t even be here. Muchas Gracias, Jenny. This album is dedicated to Larry Hirsch’s hamster Avery, A.K.A. the mooster micester who died and went to hamster heaven while we were in the midst of recording. I would also like to thank the stellar cast of musicians who gave their soul to the analog tape: Jim Keltner, Dean Parks, Bob Glaub, Steven Soles, Leland Sklar, Benmont Tench, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones horn section (Dennis Brockenborough, Tim Burton and Kevin Lenear), David Kemper, my dear friend and songwriting pal Jewel Kilcher, Jimmie Haskell, Gregory Page, Denny Fongheiser, Van Dyke Parks, the always ready Jerry Scheff, John Wittenberg, Joy Lyle, Xiao N He, Joel Derouin and Steve Richards. A shot of love must also go out to Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles for all the greasy food that kept us lubed. A big shout goes out to the fine folks at Ocean Way especially Clarice and Ya Yoi. A busload of thank yous to Robert Duffey, my friend and manager. For all of you technological geeks out there this album was recorded analog using a Radio Shack micro cassette answering machine. // At this time of this long-winded thank you recipe I would like to add 4 gallons of thank yous to all of the Rugburns fans for supporting me over the years and letting me crash on your floors and drink your whiskey. Don’t worry, there will be another ’Burns CD in the future. I just wanted to be sensitive folk guy Joe and not have anyone die in this batch of songs, including the Mommy deer. Once again thanks for listening. Love, Steve Poltz”.

“Special thanks to: Ma n Pa Poltz - Thanks for making me stick with those geetar lessons, my sister Kath, my nephew and niece Shea and Kayla, and my Uncle Louie for taking me to all the Planet of the Apes movies. I would like to thank Danny Goldberg for dragging my sorry ass off the road and getting me into the studio; and David Leach for his hours of patience in working with me during battling practice. I would also like to thank Dana Millman, Ken Weinstein, Dave Einstein and all the super kool folks at Mercury Records. // A Schwinn bike with a basket full of thank yous goes out to Diana D’Amato for nursing the bird back to health with that cute little bird dropper full of baby food. I gotta thank Sam D’Amato for getting me hooked on cough syrup and Valium and turning me on to his bookie. 12 steps won’t be enough for me. Mine go to 13. A special thanks to all my musical friends back home in San Diego: John “Parchney” Castro, Java Joe Flamini, Karla Peterson, George Varga, David Branfman, Esq., Tommy and Marla, Tom Plein for loaning me cash for my first PA, Mike Halloran for playing my shit on the radio way back when I was on 8-track, Drunk Ted and Flipside Mag, Wendy’s open mike at Java Joe’s especially Wendy and his cute berets, and Dick’s Automotive. // Otherwordly thanks to: Hap Mansfield and everyone at Cake Magazine, Anastasia Davies, Herb Cohen, Martin Cohen, Evan Cohen, Jane Ayer, Donna Gast for lipstick tips, Jack Duffey, Katherine Duffey, Carol Ellis, Nancy Levin and Michelle St. Claire, Danny Ferrington, Kevin Moran, the wonderful author of the Niceness Manifesto Mr. Joe Daly, Brad and Bruce at Absolute Artists, and T.J. & everyone at Taylor Guitars. If I forgot to thank you it’s because I’m high on cough syrup. I am really sorry.”.

Songwriters:
Steve Poltz
Jewel Kilcher
Gregory Page




source/pic: my records



Steve Poltz - Conversations Over A Cerveza - Words & Music EP
Mercury MECD 159 (1998) - US CD - promo CD with 3 non-LP tracks


1 - Silver Lining - LP track - 4:14
2 - Intro - :17
3 - You Were Meant For Me - acoustic - non LP track - 4:26
4 - Intro - :41
5 - Good Morning (Waking Up With You) - LP track - 4:14
6 - Intro - 1:24
7 - Nice Guys Finish Last - non LP track - 5:17
8 - Intro - :46
9 - I Thought I Saw You Last Night - LP track - 4:23
10 - Intro - 1:00
11 - Satan’s Choir* - non LP track - 3:33

Notes: 1) This is a promo CD released for the US market with 3 tracks taken from the “One Left Shoe” CD album and 3 non-LP tracks. 2) With the exception of track 1, all other tracks are introduced by a spoken intro by Mr. Poltz himself. 3) CD album does not come with musician credits. 4) On spoken intro for track 11, the line-up for same track is indicated as consisting of Lee on bass, Jim Keltner on drums and Steven Soles on guitar. 5) Non-LP tracks 3 and 7 are acoustic numbers performed with no rhythm section. 6) Please see the “One Left Shoe” entry above for musician/tech credits for LP-tracks 1, 5 and 9.

Musicians on track 11:
Steve Poltz - Vocals, Guitar
Leland Sklar - Bass*
Jim Keltner - Drums
J. Steven Soles - Guitar

Produced by J. Steven Soles

Larry Hirsch - Recording Engineer, Mixing Engineer

Tracks 1, 5, 9:
“From the Mercury CD & Cassette “One Left Shoe” (314 536 941-2/4)”.

http://www.mercuryrecords.com/mercury

Songwriters:
Steve Poltz
Jewel Kilcher




“Conversations Over A Cerveza - Words & Music EP” - US CD - inner inlay



source/pics: my records

No comments:

Post a Comment